BEST Pulled Pork!
A huge shout out to 100daysofrealfood.com for this recipe — which, I’ve had to modify to suit our food sensitivities and restrictions. But even so, this is the best stuff I’ve ever tasted and it’s so easy! Piled on a GFCF bun and my guys go wild for it!
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp safflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- About 3.5 pounds pork shoulder, cut in half
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together paprika, salt and pepper. Pour in the honey, vinegar and oil to form a paste.
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Lay the pork on top and pour the honey paste over the meat. It’s okay if it drips down to the bottom.
- Cook on LOW for 7 or 8 hours or until the meat is tender enough to be easily shredded with a fork.
- Serve warm on a bun or just fill a bowl with this yummy treat. If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, refrigerate or freeze them.